Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Brendan DuBois's "Blood Foam"

Brendan DuBois is the award-winning author of numerous novels and more than 120 short stories. His short stories have twice won him the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America, and have also earned him three Edgar Allan Poe Award nominations.

Here DuBois dreamcasts an adaptation of Blood Foam, his latest Lewis Cole mystery:
Ever since my first Lewis Cole novel (Dead Sand) was published back in 1994 (!), I've had numerous requests to cast the character of Lewis in a Hollywood film or television show. Lewis is a former Department of Defense research analyst who was pensioned off from his job after surviving a disastrous and top secret training accident. His current 'day job' is a columnist for a regional magazine called Shoreline. He's not particularly athletic and quick with his fists --- like Robert Parker's Spenser --- but he does have a presence. When my first novels came out, I thought that a younger Sam Shepard would make a good Lewis Cole. Now, years later, I think Ron Livingston -- of Band of Brothers fame --- would do me and Lewis proud. Of course, he doesn't know this yet, but if he reads this, Ron, please feel free to reach out to me.
Visit Brendan DuBois's website.

--Marshal Zeringue